[SR-Users] Understanding DNS resolution done by Kamailio

Igor Potjevlesch igor.potjevlesch at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 14:31:28 CEST 2014

Hello,

I'm using Kamailio 4.1 and I'm wondering how to avoid external DNS
resolution.

I have the following config:

dns_cache_init=no

use_dns_cache=no

dns=no

rev_dns=no

Even with this config, I have many and many DNS query on SRV _sip for the
hostnames set in carrierroute module.

These requests are not useful because the A resolution is done by
/etc/hosts.

Major problem with this, is that when I have a DNS issue or IP transit
issue, Kamailio waits for resolution timeout and becomes overloaded. As a
consequence, Kamailio can't treat others SIP requests like REGISTER because
he stuck in DNS resolution.

Regards,

Igor.