[SR-Users] append_branch and t_replicate issue

Asgaroth 00asgaroth00 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 10:29:39 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 22/07/2014 09:13, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> first some clarifications about the subject:
>
> - append_branch() adds a new destination for normal
> forwarding/relaying -- replies from these destinations are forwarded
> back to the initial sender
> - t_replicate() creates a special branch -- replies from these
> destinations are absorbed locally by the proxy

Thanks for the clarification, I guess these two staements cant really be
used in conjunction then, and it appears that the behaviour I was seeing
is correct. I was pretty certain I saw it in the documentation yesterday
that to replicate to more than 1 destination that an append_branch must
be called, however, I have just checked TM module documentation for 4.1,
3.2 and 3.1 and the documentation has changed (I must be going crazy :) )

> Can you try using t_replicate() several times?

I did try calling 2 t_replicate statements, but it appears that only the
first one is called and the second one ignored:

     t_replicate("sip:" + BACKUP_REGISTRAR_2 + ":5060");    <- I see
this message being sent
     t_replicate("sip:" + BACKUP_REGISTRAR_3 + ":5060");    <- This one
does not get generated/sent

Thanks