[SR-Users] RTPproxy on dual homed server

Moacir Ferreira moacirferreira at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 21 19:44:17 CEST 2014

I am
running Kamailio 4.1.4 and rtpproxy 1.2.0 on a dual-homed server. In another
server I have a Linux video MCU working on the private LAN. Everything works
quite nice from the private and Internet even if the client is behind a firewall.

However, I
decided to host the MCU on the same server that I have Kamailio, changing the
SIP port of the MCU to 5070. WHile the MCU is still functional, the "system" just stop working… Kamailio is fully
functional for phone-to-phone calls, including video. The MCU is fully functional if you call it directly. However, if I call the
MCU via Kamailio, that is on the same server, I will never get anything on the client from the MCU. The softphone will send the RTP to the server but I am not getting the traffic from the MCU arriving at the softphone.

Am I
missing something? Any hint on what I should care in this kind of environment?

Cheers!

Moacir