[SR-Users] append_branch and t_replicate issue

Asgaroth 00asgaroth00 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 14:49:34 CEST 2014

Hi All,

I have an issue that I cant seem to get to the bottom of, I would
appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

I have 3 registrar's and would like to replicate the registration regest
from 1 to the other 2, I am trying this with t_replicate, the docs say
that to send to multiple destinations an append_branch should be
performed prior to the t_replicate, which is what I am trying to do.

What appears to happen is that the replication only sends the REGISTER
to the server defined in the t_replicate command, it doesnt appear to be
sending it to the destination defined in append_branch.

Kamailio Version:

version: kamailio 4.1.4 (x86_64/linux) 84c1ff
flags: STATS: Off, USE_TCP, USE_TLS, TLS_HOOKS, USE_RAW_SOCKS,
DISABLE_NAGLE, USE_MCAST, DNS_IP_HACK, SHM_MEM, SHM_MMAP, PKG_MALLOC,
DBG_QM_MALLOC, USE_FUTEX, FAST_LOCK-ADAPTIVE_WAIT, USE_DNS_CACHE,
USE_DNS_FAILOVER, USE_NAPTR, USE_DST_BLACKLIST, HAVE_RESOLV_RES
ADAPTIVE_WAIT_LOOPS=1024, MAX_RECV_BUFFER_SIZE 262144, MAX_LISTEN 16,
MAX_URI_SIZE 1024, BUF_SIZE 65535, DEFAULT PKG_SIZE 4MB
poll method support: poll, epoll_lt, epoll_et, sigio_rt, select.
id: 84c1ff
compiled on 14:36:04 Jul 20 2014 with gcc 4.4.7

Here is what I have tried so far (on registrar 1):

#!define BACKUP_REGISTRAR_1 '1.1.1.1'
#!define BACKUP_REGISTRAR_2 '1.1.1.2'
#!define BACKUP_REGISTRAR_3 '1.1.1.3'

save("location");
if ( src_ip != BACKUP_REGISTRAR_2 && src_ip != BACKUP_REGISTRAR_3 ) {
      append_branch("sip:" + BACKUP_REGISTRAR_2 + ":5060");
      t_replicate("sip:" + BACKUP_REGISTRAR_3 + ":5060");
};

With the above in place, I only see the system attempting to replicate
to BACKUP_REGISTRAR_3, I dont see any request to BACKUP_REGISTRAR_2.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks
Bruce