[SR-Users] Some of the calls drops after 15 minutes + some seconds

Frank Carmickle frank at carmickle.com
Thu Jul 17 15:41:39 CEST 2014

On Jul 16, 2014, at 4:05 PM, Andras FOGARASI <fogarasi at fogarasi.com> wrote:

> On 7/16/14, 10:00 PM, Frank Carmickle wrote:
>>
>> On Jul 16, 2014, at 3:54 PM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I expect that the signaling is ok at least for call setup.
>>>
>>> From signling point of view, I can think of following situations:
>>> - endpoints send keep alive packets (or session updates) which are no answered. You can add an xlog(...) at the top of request_route{} and reply_route{} blocks printing at least the method, call-id, cseq, from and to header, plus the response code for reply block. In this case you can see if there is some signaling before call is dropped.
>>
>> Is this happening just on calls between two phones in your domain, or is there a carrier/federation involved?
>>

> No other parties are involved, only the two phones involved (and the
> proxy of course).

I would expect that if it was a NAT issue you would see it much sooner than 15 minutes, 30-60 seconds.  Are session timers being stripped by Kamailio?  You say it's a TURN server or is it acting more like a media relay where it is signaled into the path?  What TURN server are you using?  How is it configured?

--FC