[SR-Users] Unknown caller gets online user's identity

Muhammad Shahzad shaheryarkh at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 18:36:25 CEST 2014

Well, this

*if (from_uri!=myself && uri!=myself)*

Means neither source nor destination is our user. Which implies that if our
domain is A, then call from domain "B to C" is not possible. However, calls
from "B or C to A" and "A to B or C" are possible. That is way an
unauthorized user gets passed and reaches asterisk. Asterisk accepts it
since call is coming from kamailio and tries to route it back to kamailio,
where kamailio finds user online and thus it goes through.

You should really break down this,

*if (from_uri!=myself && uri!=myself)*

into something like this for clarity,

*if (from_uri!=myself) { *
*   if (uri!=myself) {*
*       # neither source nor destination is our user*
*   } else {*
*       # source is not our user but destination is our user*
*   };*
*} else {*
*   if (uri!=myself) {*
*       # source is our user but destination is not our user*
*   } else {*
*      # both source and destination are our users*
*   };*
*};*

Hope this helps.

Thank you.