[SR-Users] Update Interval for Rtimer

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Jul 11 22:56:52 CEST 2014

Hello AliReza,

On 07/11/2014 04:53 PM, AliReza Khoshgoftar Monfared wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a basic yet weird problem with Rtimer module.
> I cannot make it execute a route block for me at an interval of my
> choice (which is what it is supposed to do, right?)
>
> Here is a simplified example with relevant parts of my config script:
>
> Assume I want to print "hello" every 100 ms:
>
> I have a script like this (I've put all my global variables, in case
> they matter and my relevant route blocks...)
>
> Is there anything I am doing wrong here in the usage of rtimer?

Well, what's not working? Is it not printing anything at all? Or is it
printing at a different interval than you expect? If so, what is the
interval?

Note that you've specified an interval of 1s:

    modparam("rtimer", "timer", "name=ta;interval=1;mode=1;")

By default, the interval value is in seconds. If you append a 'u', the
value is expressed in microseconds (millionths of a second), which gives
you sub-second timing granularity, per
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.1.x/modules/rtimer.html#idp2566368.

This means that to have an interval of 100 ms, you'd define the timer
thusly:

    modparam("rtimer", "timer", "name=ta;interval=100000u;mode=1;")

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC