[SR-Users] Need help with Routing presence NOTIFY messages

Veerabhara Gundu gveerab at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 08:16:48 CEST 2014

Hello Experts,

I have two Kamailio servers with built in presence servers with load
balanced with DNS, both sharing same data base. Registration,
authentication and messaging are working without any problem. When it comes
to Presence, NOTIFY messages generated by Kamailio is getting rejected by
firewall if the client didn't register to that particular Kamailio.  In
MESSAGES case, I read the socket info from Location table, if the client is
not registered to that Kamailio forwarded to the server which serving that
user. But in NOTIFY case, these messages are not coming to routing logic at
all, Kamailio is directly sending messages by looking at the contact
information from active-watchers table.

One possible solution I am thinking is, separating presence logic and
starting that as separate server. That way I can play with contact header.

Any other thoughts, I appreciate any help with this. I have spent enough
time on this.

Thanks,
Veera

Thanks,