[SR-Users] Calls per second

Abdelkader Allam abdelkader.allam at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 14:12:48 CEST 2014

Hello Olle,

If you are to reimplement this by scripting instead of developing a C
module, maybe you could use redis as a database, and for each invite of a
customer, create a unique key in the redis database like this:

CUSTOMER_A:CALLID

Then set this key to auto expire in let's 10 seconds for instance, with TTL
command http://redis.io/commands/ttl .

Then to check the number of invite per seconds for CUSTOMER_A smoothed over
a window of 10 seconds, you count the keys in the DB that starts with
CUSTOMER_A ( KEYS CUSTOMER_A*) and divide it by 10.

Of course you would have to use a completely empty redis database used only
for this purpose in order to reduce the time spent by the  keys command to
find the number of key matching.