[SR-Users] How to check message queue (buffer) in Kamailio

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 13:12:54 CEST 2014

Hello,

the SIP messages send on UDP/SCTP are received directly from the buffer
in kernel one by one, each being processed once read. It is hard to know
how many are waiting in the kernel.

My question would be, when such information would really help? If
kamailio is too busy handling traffic, won't get much time to care of
other tasks (e.g., predict what is in network read kernel queue).