[SR-Users] P_usrloc - expired locations

Helena Garcia-Nieto helena.gnieto at morodo.co.uk
Thu Jan 23 16:59:30 CET 2014

Hi All,

I am testing the p_usrloc module in order to write the location information
of my kamailo server (Kamailio is on version 4.0.2) in two db

As first test both DB are on the same machine, as well as the master db. On
final version master and one db would probably be on the same machine and
the second db on a different one.

I have read on the p_usrloc module the following note:

The p_usrloc module still has some missing feature, like automatic expiry of
contacts and dumping of all users via the fifo cmd.

And I can sadly see that the locations are not being deleted automatically
after expiring.

My users are mobile apps, that are programmed to be always logged in, and
reconnecting to sip and IM servers if the devices detects a drop on the
connection (bad wi-fi connection), or the user just move between different
3G cells. So the locations are most likely not going to be properly
"unregistered" (expire 0)

Have anyone found a solution or can give me some advice on how can I force
the expired locations to be erased from the db, just as the usrloc module
does?

Thanks in advanced!

Helena