[SR-Users] Replicate registration

Volkan Oransoy voransoy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 14:05:47 CET 2014

Hi all,

I am trying to setup an active-active pair of sip proxies. I have connected
two kamailio boxes to the same PostgreSQL database and my usrloc db_mode is
3. I can see the registration data in the database but "ul show" outputs of
two device is not same. I think writing registration data to the same db is
not enough.

I have found a method to replicate the registraiton process. With
t_replicate, I synchronize REGISTER requests to both boxes. But I had to
disable shared database because of uniqe id validations.

route[REGISTRAR] {
>         if (is_method("REGISTER"))
>         {
>                 if(isflagset(FLT_NATS))
>                 {
>                         setbflag(FLB_NATB);
>                 }
>                 if (!save("location"))
>                         sl_reply_error();
>                 t_replicate("sip:10.1.1.2:5060;transport=udp");
>                 exit;
>         }
> }

My media servers randomly sends calls to SIP proxies. If Media server send
the call to the original registrar then the replicated, call initiates
normally. But when UA registered in first proxy, and Media server sends the
call to the send one, even if second one has UA in location table, call
does not initiate.

Does anyone have an idea about this kind of an active active setup?

Thanks in advance. Best regards,

/Volkan