[SR-Users] Development of a Mobile VOIP app connecting to Kamailio Server

Neville D'Souza ncd at gogopay.com
Thu Jan 16 10:15:35 CET 2014

Hi,

I recently got a Kamailio v4.0.0 server up and running with Siremis v4.0.0
on a Debian Wheezy system with mysql as backend database . The Chat, file
sharing ,audio and video services work flawlessly even behind nat and the
same need to be incorporated in an app. I have configured rtpproxy and tls
with self signed certificates. This is basically a test environment and we
will install the same kamailio version with commercial certificates on a
live hosted server.

Server side everything is working. Problem is on the development side. Our
company is venturing into VOIP apps for the first time and trying to look at
how to go about it. Firstly we would like to start with an android app and
then move on to Iphone, Windows, Blackberry and Symbian app.

We need to know what is required on server side (any software to be
installed or any configuration on kamailio or addition of modules) and
client side ( which library and development environment to use) to make it
work.  Lastly in terms of security what things I need to take care of in the
server and app.

Best Regards,

Neville D'Souza