[SR-Users] register fails from openvpn clients

meres meresgr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 18:08:31 CET 2014

I have kamailio 4.1.0 running on a server on a real ip and behind a
firewall.

NAT detection is enabled on kamailio because many remote clients are behind
NAT, so NAT is working fine along with rtpproxy.

Everything else (incoming, outgoing) is working fine except the following:

Users who are connected to our openvpn server (bridged mode) which is on the
same subnet with kamailio, fail to register.

I suspect that kamailio detects NAT on these clients as all of them are
behind NAT, but they also have obtained a real ip from our openvpn server on
their tap interface and as a result, REGISTER fails.

One solution, but not the best is to exclude kamailio from our openvpn
routes but I would not prefer this because I wil not be able to manage the
server remotely

My config: http://pastebin.com/JSxzgmKH

Any suggestions?