[SR-Users] Critical dialog - Bogus event 5 Problem - PRACK after 200OK

Arik Lustig ariklu at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 16:46:15 CET 2014

Hello There,

We are detecting errors quite often on our kamailio servers log:

/usr/local/sbin/kamailio[17527]: CRITICAL: dialog [dlg_hash.c:782]: bogus
event 5 in state 4 for dlg 0
x7fe0269a8be0 [1004:10921] with clid
'034e8c8f-07daa8c0-001b56a3 at 192.168.210.2' and tags '07daa8c0-33aeaec-t-1'
'9304808465080725853
'

After analyzing the issue We found that the root cause for those errors is
when kamailio gets PRACK message after 200 OK (CSeq INVITE) in the same
CALLID.
To mention that those calls are successfuly established.
This is due a complecated voice network.

As for today we are getting around 100 errors per kamailio server every
day. The number will increase to around 1000 errors per day in the near
future.

Two questions please:

1. Can Kamailio safety deal with those errors with no service effect
2. Is there a way to decrease the level of those errors from CRITICAL to
INFO? As for today we are working in debug level 0 so no INFO written is
written to the log in general.

I will appriciate for any assistant on this topic please.

Thanks,
Arik.