[SR-Users] JSCommunicator feedback?

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.com.au
Fri Jan 10 11:19:23 CET 2014

On 10/01/14 10:35, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

> On 09/01/14 20:12, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>>
>> On 09/01/14 20:05, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I haven't used it, or better said, it's first time I hear about,
>>> perhaps
>>> I missed some messages on various mailing lists. Anyhow, do you have
>>> any
>>> screenshots available? Will be easier to get a feeling about it.
>> Instead of a screenshot, I can offer you a live demo
> I see it offers only the option for audio, perhaps it's targeting to
> connect only with lumicall users on mobile. Or is it able to get
> instant messaging and video?

The config.js file allows the webmaster to specify audio-only (which is
what I do for Lumicall) but video works too

https://github.com/opentelecoms-org/jscommunicator/blob/master/config-sample.js

In fact, everything the user sees can be configured through config.js:

- whether or not the user sees a (de)REGISTER button

- whether or not the user can call with audio, with video, or with both

- whether pressing Enter in the dialing box defaults to an audio or
video call

- whether to dial automatically or just fill in the destination box and
wait for the user to press a button

- whether or not to show the DTMF buttons