[SR-Users] ingress timer

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Jan 2 08:51:56 CET 2014

On 01/02/2014 02:47 AM, Kelvin Chua wrote:
> agreed. the design of the db and queries are all properly tested, with
> only milliseconds of query time even for tables as large as millions of
> rows. i wanted to implement this only for insurance and was wondering if
> it's doable, theoretically speaking.
>
> the timer module is promising although lacks dynamic assignment of
> timeouts. what i have in mind is:
>    - do a timer_enable() after receiving an INVITE.
>    - on timeout, go to rourte[timeout], statelessly send a cancel to
> callee(if applicable) and 408 to caller.
>    - OR upon getting a 200 OK from the callee's leg, disable the timer.
>    - do you think this is worthy of a feature request? something like
> timer_enable(timer_id, enable_disable, timeout)

To be honest, no, I don't think it's worth a feature request, because
the complications of implementing something like this are not justified
by the effectiveness of the solutions it offers to the sorts of problems
you're identifying.

Since you mentioned sql_xquery(), it's worth noting that some of the
database connector modules (e.g. db_mysql) offer a query timeout parameter:

http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.1.x/modules/db_mysql.html#idp1968288

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov - Principal