[SR-Users] keep buddy list - best way

Mihai Marin marinmihai at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 22:39:34 CET 2014

Hello Sirs,
I'm a little confused getting a decision about implementing buddy list
(step: presence & IM). What is the best way for keeping the contacts list:
xmpp or xcap? You will say probably xcap server but even if I intend to use
in the future an xmpp gateway in order to be able to communicate sip with
with xmpp servers like google - google talk?

And why xcap? Because most of the clients has the possibility to connect to
a xcap server to get the buddy list? From web perspective I think both are
OK because of the xhttp module power in kamailio to get the buddy list xml.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Mihai M