[SR-Users] proposed patch for the registrar module - crash fix

Dragos Oancea droancea at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 27 14:49:00 CET 2014

Hi

We think that we found and fix a bug in the registrar module. The bug is hard to reproduce, and it crashes our Kamailio from time to time (once at 2-3 weeks for us) .

In save.c, function update_contacts() there are two places where we free() a pointer and then we reuse it, line 700 and line 730:

while(ptr){

        ptr0 = ptr;
        if(ptr!=c)
           ul.delete_ucontact(_r, ptr);
        ptr=ptr0->next;
}

And then from inside delete_ucontact(_r,ptr) we call mem_delete_ucontact(_r, _c) which calls
free_ucontact(_c) , which calls shm_free(_c) . _c is actually our ptr.

If another process writes at the location pointed by ptr during the "while" loop , the current process will crash.

The bug affects 4.0.4, 4.0.5 and maybe older versions.

We keep the location table in memory, no database backend, and we do alot of REGISTER/un-REGISTER in our environment,
and maybe that's why this bug was not spotted by the community before.

Just to clarify, this fix is in relation with this post:

http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/sr-dev/2014-February/022934.html

Please take into consideration the attached patch provided by the Libon Voice Team.

Regards,
Dragos Oancea