[SR-Users] SIP INVITE REQUEST-LINE TO field

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Feb 21 08:56:03 CET 2014

The Request URI (request line) is the one that should be used for any routing purpose. The To field is a purely cosmetic commentary on the intended logical destination of the call--it should never be used for routing determination.

Amar S Tuladhar <amar at smarttel.com.np> wrote:
>Hi all,
>

>What is the difference between "Called number address in Request-Line"
>and
>"Called number in TO field"?
>
>If the "Called Number" address is different which one shall be taken?
>Is
>there any RFC recommendation governing this?
>

>For example : if in "REQUEST-LINE" it is 61977 and in "TO" it is 00977.
>Which (61977 or 00977) shall be used to look for routing purpose?
>

>Thanks a lot.
>
>Amar S Tuladhar

Sent from my mobile, and thus lacking in the refinement one might expect from a fully fledged keyboard.

Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC
235 E Ponce de Leon Ave
Suite 106