[SR-Users] Kamailio not starting

Owais ul Haq owaisulhaq at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 21 08:18:05 CET 2014

Hello,

I have deployed Kamailio-3.1 on a fedora machine. And my database is placed on another windows 2008 server situated on the local network.
Problem is when I run kamailio. I get the following error from logs.

<core> [cfg.y:3416] : parse error in config gile
/usr/local/kamailio-3.1/etc/kamailio//kamailio.cfg, line 311, column 31-35 :
syntax error

<core> [cfg.y:3416] : parse error in config gile
/usr/local/kamailio-3.1/etc/kamailio//kamailio.cfg, line 311, column 31-35 :
Invalid arguments

Line 311 is kamailio.cfg is
"modparam ("usrloc",
"db_url", DBURL)"

And 'DBURL' is defined as

#! define DBURL
"mysql://openser:5mil5My5ql@192.168.1.20/openser"

Can some one please help me out in resolving this error.

Secondly I am deploying my database on seperate server for the first time. I have deployed kamailio-3.1 already but with database placed on same machine. Can someone please guide what changings do I need to make in kamailio.cfg and kamctlrc file to make it work. I have made some as per my understanding. Maybe they are a cause of this error.

Thanks,
Regards,
Owais