[SR-Users] Performance impact with AVP and VAR's

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Feb 20 23:37:01 CET 2014

Can you give some example of your use cases for them?

I cannot say for sure, but my intuition is that if you have three hundred variables in any program, you're doing something wrong. At that point you're in territory  that clearly calls for some sort of non- scalar data structure, such as an associative array.

Jijo <realjijo at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I have around 300 AVP's and quite amount of VAR's are used in the
>config
>file?  Does that impact performance?, If so how can i improve it?
>
>Thanks
>Jijo

Sent from my mobile, and thus lacking in the refinement one might expect from a fully fledged keyboard.

Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC
235 E Ponce de Leon Ave
Suite 106