[SR-Users] Kamailio 4.1 Installation from Source

Francesco Maria Magnini fmm1982 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 21:59:08 CET 2014

Hi,

i tried make install-initd-debian.

For your information, after starting kamailio the output is still saying

"grep: /etc/kamailio/kamailio.cgf file not found"

even if the service is starting fine.
Can I left the init.d script unchanged or do I need to update manually the
cfg path?
Is there a way to check if kamailio is pointing to the .cfg file properly?

Regards

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 11:10 PM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <
miconda at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> probably CFGFILE variable was removed on the latest updates done to the
> init.d script. You can add it and replace the occurrences of the
> kamailio.cfg path.
>
> On the other hand, you can just do:
>
> make install-initd-debian
>
> and the paths should be updated and the init.d scripts deployed.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel
>

> On 16/02/14 13:44, Francesco Maria Magnini wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> following the documentation, the following lines need to be updated on
>> the init.d script.
>>
>> DAEMON=/usr/local/sbin/kamailio
>> CFGFILE=/usr/local/etc/kamailio/kamailio.cfg
>>
>> Anyway, there is no CFGFILE already setted.
>> Is it correct to add CFGFILE along with DAEMON?
>>
>> On top of this, in the check_fork () procedure, there’s a reference to a
>> cfg_file that is nonexistent.
>> In my installation i changed it to the real path of the kamailio.cfg file
>> generated during installation.
>>
>> check_fork ()
>> {
>>      if grep -q "^[[:space:]]*fork[[:space:]]*=[[:space:]]*no.*"
>> /usr/local/etc/kamailio/kamailio.cfg; then
>>          log_failure_msg "Not starting $DESC: fork=no specified in config
>> file; run /etc/init.d/kamailio debug instead"
>>          exit 0
>>      fi
>> }
>>
>> Is it correct to change path in the check_fork procedure with the correct
>> one?
>>
>> Regards,

> Daniel-Constantin Mierla - http://www.asipto.com

“I videogiochi non influenzano i bambini.
Voglio dire, se pac-man avesse influenzato la nostra generazione,
staremmo tutti saltando in sale scure,
masticando pillole magiche e ascoltando musica elettronica
ripetitiva...”

(Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989)