[SR-Users] SSL connection issue

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Fri Feb 14 16:16:27 CET 2014

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 9:52 PM, Owais ul Haq <owaisulhaq at hotmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
>  I have installed  kamailio server. Now I am trying to use SSL for my
> server - client connections.
> I have made certificates succesfully. Now when my client connects, I get
> the following error.
>
> [tcp_read.c:882] : ERROR : TLS accept : error : 1408F10B : SSL
> routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number
>
> I have tried finding solution online. I am asked to change the version
> number. Can some one please tell me where I have to change the version
> number ?? And change it to what ??
> Thanks.

The error means that the client and server could not agree on which version
of SSL to use.

In your tls.cfg, check which version you are using:

    [server:default]
    method = TLSv1

You can use openssl to confirm.

    $ openssl s_client -connect 192.0.2.1:5061
    SSL-Session:
        Protocol  : TLSv1
        Cipher    : AES256-SHA

If your client only supports SSL3, you could set "method = SSL3", although
TLS
would be preferred if you can do it.

Corey