[SR-Users] Can you use the sr.modf() method / function to call append_branch?

J Lee juleedev at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 19:24:06 CET 2014

I would like to know if there's a way to do parallel forking via lua code.

So specifically, I'd like to be able to do something like this:

  seturi("sip:a at example.com");
  append_branch("sip:b at example.com");
  append_branch("sip:c at example.com");
  append_branch("sip:d at example.com");

  t_relay();

except via lua, because the list of branches is dynamic. I've tried
the following:

   sr.modf("append_branch","sip:10.x.x.x")

but the error message I'm getting is:
/usr/sbin/kamailio[7437]: ERROR: app_lua [app_lua_sr.c:177]:
lua_sr_modf(): function 'append_branch' is not available

Just wondering if I "should" be able to do this.
I've been reading
http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/embeddedapi/devel/lua#srtm_package but
haven't seen any references to append_branch.

The other alternative I'm looking at is to just use lua to generate
the list of destinations and pass back a hashtable of sorts to
the cfg file. Then from there I will try to loop through the hashtable
and do the append_branch command for each entry
in the table.

If you have other suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.