[SR-Users] about destination blacklisting

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Mon Dec 29 18:26:52 CET 2014

i made a test where domain name in request uri hostpart has two udp srv
records, one with higher priority than the other.

when i turn off the higher priority uac, there is about 5 sec delay
before the lower priority uac starts to ring.  if i make another call
within a small number of seconds from the previous one, my sip proxy
remembers that the higher priority uac is dead and the lower priority
one starts to ring immediately.  but if i wait about five seconds or
more, my sip proxy again first tries the higher priority uac and there
is again the about 5 second delay before the lower priority one starts
to ring.

i have in config

use_dst_blacklist=on
dst_blacklist_expire=20

from the docs i get the impression that my sip proxy should remember 20
seconds that the higher priority uac is dead, but it only remembers it
about 5 seconds.  what could be the explanation?

-- juha