[SR-Users] SIPURI sending private IP address

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 22:26:40 CET 2014

Hello,

I am not that familiar with asterisk to know all the insides SIPURI and
SIPCHANNEL(recvip), you have to explain which fields you need from the
SIP packet in order to be able to assist further, unless someone else
more familiar with asterisk can jump in.

Also, it is not clear how the flow is there, you say you have kamailio
behind asterisk servers, does that mean the phone is sending to asterisk
first, which then forwards to kamailio?

On 26/12/14 18:37, Cibin Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a kamailio 4.1 as a gateway  and registrar behind asterisk servers. On asterisk, I save the IP address of the originating call parsing the SIPURI or SIPCHANNEL(recvip). In both cases, I am receiving the private ip of the user agent registered with kamailio. Do I need to change anything in kamailio to receive the actual IP address. Please suggest.
>
> Regards
> Cibin

Daniel-Constantin Mierla