[SR-Users] Media trouble with kamailio/rtpengine

Richard Fuchs rfuchs at sipwise.com
Fri Dec 19 18:31:37 CET 2014

On 12/19/14 10:47, Marc Soda wrote:
> I'm trying to use Kamailio and rtpengine as a webrtc gateway.  I'm not
> getting audio back to my browser.  From a packet capture I can see media
> from the browser to rtpengine, and then bi-directional RTP back and
> forth from my asterisk server, but rtpengine is not sending the media on
> to the browser, i.e.:
>
> browser ---------> kamailio/rtpengine <---------> asterisk
>
> This is the output from rtpengine:
>
> https://gist.github.com/marcantonio/bfe72644306b205cc7e1

You've caught the same thing as Juha did just earlier, Firefox is doing
something new called Trickle ICE, which at the moment breaks
communications with endpoints not supporting it (such as rtpengine).

The second call you posted seems fine. The error you're seeing is
because RTP was received before DTLS was established and so is expected.
You can try --dtls-passive as a possible fix. Media should start to flow
after DTLS gets established though, and according to the logs, media was
indeed seen in both directions. Try tcpdump to confirm.

cheers