[SR-Users] rtpengine returns 0.0.0.0 even with sendrecv in offer

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Fri Dec 19 15:33:38 CET 2014

Richard Fuchs writes:

> On 12/19/14 03:32, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> > i got mozilla to generate sdp with sendrecv, but still rtpengine does
> > not replace 0.0.0.0 address on o and c lines.  why?
>
> Because 0.0.0.0 means steam is on hold and so should be left in place.

what i understand from rfc3264 is that 0.0.0.0 address in initial invite
does not mean that the call is on hold.  0.0.0.0 is used because webrtc
client does not know its ip address:

   RFC 2543 [10] specified that placing a user on hold was accomplished
   by setting the connection address to 0.0.0.0.  Its usage for putting
   a call on hold is no longer recommended, since it doesn't allow for
   RTCP to be used with held streams, doesn't work with IPv6, and breaks
   with connection oriented media.  However, it can be useful in an
   initial offer when the offerer knows it wants to use a particular set
   of media streams and formats, but doesn't know the addresses and
   ports at the time of the offer.

also, if the call would on hold, there would be sendonly attribute in
the sdp, which is not the case in my example, which had sendrecv.

-- juha