[SR-Users] What is raw 0.0.0.0:255 pn netstat??

Cezary Siwek Cezary.Siwek at truphone.com
Wed Dec 17 15:47:55 CET 2014

Hi there,

RAW sockets don’t bind to a port.  The 255 number you are seeing it’s the IP protocol number for RAW sockets.
As far as I know Kamailio always tries to use RAW sockets (if has been compiled with the USE_RAW_SOCKS flag).
Perhaps it should only use when udp4_raw core parameter is set to 1 but I’m not 100% sure it’s actually related

Regards,
Cezary