[SR-Users] Create and control a new dialog to different server during main dialog

Konstantin M. evilzluk at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 13:19:25 CET 2014

Hello Daniel,

> what do you mean by 'acccept' here, send a 200ok or a 100trying and hold
> the INVITE in memory for a while?

Well, yes.
Desired scenario is send '100 trying' and hold the current invite, then
communicate to separate SIP server and then resume
a transaction.

> If second, then see tmx module for t_suspend()/t_continue().

Thank you for pointing to.

> Uac is the module to generate new requests, you can handle the reply to
> it via reply_route and decide there what to do with parked INVITE.

I know but for some reasons, I'm unable to costruct a new clear invite and
manage it.

> If possible, I would use a different request (or even protocol, see
> evapi or jsonrpc-c modules) than invite instead of that new dialog. For
> example OPTIONS -- let's say you want to check if the initial caller is
> allowed to call, you can send the requests to a billing engine that
> gives the yes/no.
>
> Depending on the scenario, might be easier to go and code in C a module
> -- look at async, evapi, jsonrpc-c for examples on how to suspend and
> resume transactions from inside a module.

I was thinking about to this solution after trying all of possible ways
without writting a new module.
Ok, will try to workaround this by some embedded language execution, then
work on this module if so...

> Cheers,
> Daniel

Thanks!