[SR-Users] kamailio for newbies!

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Dec 11 15:13:51 CET 2014

I am far from convinced that most people with an aptitude for scripting
and programming[1] prefer videos as a means of instruction.

I, for one, would never use a video to learn a new programming language
or toolkit. I don't have the patience to sit through screencasts
featuring the excitement of... code. I can't use videos as reference
material to look stuff up. They don't lend themselves well to display of
code examples, particularly those of more than a few lines.

They are good for high-level project marketing, or for showcasing the
use of an interactive application. Videos are a very inefficient vehicle
for delivery of the kind of information relevant to gaining competency
at Kamailio.

-- Alex

[1] Which is unquestionably required to use Kamailio; it's configured
using a programmatic domain-specific language (DSL), and that's not
going to change.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC