[SR-Users] Accounting: syslog vs db_flatfile

DanB danb.lists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 12:08:00 CET 2014

Thanks guys for all of your answers!

@Daniel: OK, this is good news. I will check both syslog and db_flatfile.
@Jorj: the reason I am looking towards a local module is for eliminating
the risk of loosing the CDRs on the network. Why flatfile: for
simplicity of configuring (vs additional syslog configuration). Plus
syslog is shared over the machine so there are increased chances of issues.
@Jordan: the CDRs will end up anyway in SQL database (MySQL or Postgres
on CGRateS side). I try to avoid inserting the raw cdrs into MySQL
directly due to possible load issues on peak times. Once they are on
disk, they can be asynchronously processed. And yes, we are working
seriously these days to have Kamailio and CGRateS interoperability done
(we were planning it since before Kamailio World 2013 but for some
reason it got delayed due to our complicated task queue).

Have a good one!
DanB