[SR-Users] Accounting: syslog vs db_flatfile

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Dec 3 11:56:26 CET 2014

Kamailio has a canonical 'acc' module. But as to the best way to generate accounting, you can do it any way you like.

These are a thousand ways to do it, all boiling down to "log call setup, process, failure, answer and teardown events somewhere".

On 3 December 2014 05:30:45 GMT-05:00, DanB <danb.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hey Guys,
>
>We are in the process to review the interoperability between Kamailio
>and CGRateS and was wondering what is the best/most
>recommended/maintained way to generate accounting from Kamailio:
>
>  * Syslog
>  * db_flatfile
>  * other way maybe?
>
>Is CDR generation planned for files already, or just accounting events?
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>DanB

Sent from my mobile, and thus lacking in the refinement one might expect from a fully fledged keyboard.

Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC
235 E Ponce de Leon Ave
Suite 106