[SR-Users] kamailio for newbies!

Fred Posner fred at palner.com
Mon Dec 1 15:08:44 CET 2014

On 12/01/2014 08:35 AM, Aria Mill wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Kamailio is difficult. Many of us want to use it because is open source
> and it's flexible. but to tell you the truth after 3-4 hours of playing
> with it I am frustrated, and I am starting to hate it!

I hate to hear that you are starting to hate the software... many of us
truly love it. I find one correction to your main statement.

SIP is difficult. Kamailio is flexible. The more you understand and know
SIP, the easier using Kamailio becomes.

> Why has nobody made a kamailio video series on youtube?
> ... snip ...
>This is 2014, people don’t waste time reading
> documentation, youtube is much more efficient...
>
> ... snip ....

I for one have almost zero interest in making videos of configuring
software. Plus, I have a face for radio. ;)

Some of us make tutorials... I have made two of them, and they get a lot
of readers; so I do think it's not a waste of time.

If you're good at making videos, this would be a great way for you to
contribute to the software.

The vast majority of asterisk videos I see aren't made by Digium or the
Asterisk devs... but instead by either hardware companies selling
asterisk based hardware, enthusiasts, or support vendors.

Again, this might be a great way for you to contribute.

Fred Posner
The Palner Group, Inc.
http://www.palner.com (web)
+1-503-914-0999 (direct)