[SR-Users] How do I translate rtpproxy bridge mode config to mediaproxy-ng/rtpengine?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Aug 27 02:58:43 CEST 2014

On 08/26/2014 08:56 PM, Paul Belanger wrote:

> I'd agree 'drop-in' replacement is not correct. I ran into the same
> issues as you. Current there is no bridge-mode in rtpengine, I point
> you to an open issue about it [1].

I think the idea behind the formulation of "drop-in replacement" is that
the module interface functions are compatible with the standard
'rtpproxy' module, so no config changes are required to make it work.

It doesn't mean that all the old features exist. It means that they are
stubbed out in such a manner as to not invalidate the existing config.

Even then, that's not entirely true, given the 'rtpengine' nomenclature
change recently.

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov - Principal