[SR-Users] How do I translate rtpproxy bridge mode config to mediaproxy-ng/rtpengine?

Alex Villací­s Lasso a_villacis at palosanto.com
Tue Aug 26 19:02:50 CEST 2014

El 25/08/14 18:28, Alex Balashov escribió:
> On 08/25/2014 07:25 PM, Alex Villací­s Lasso wrote:
>
>> However, I do not find an equivalent to bridge mode in the rtpengine
>> command-line parameters.
>
> Bridging mode of this type is not supported by rtpengine.

If this is true, then mediaproxy-ng/rtpengine should not be announced in the Kamailio documentation (http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.1.x/modules/rtpproxy-ng.html) as a "drop-in" replacement. At the very least, this requires a documentation fix.

How would somebody implement the following scenario using rtpproxy or mediaproxy-ng/rtpengine ?

- Server with 2 or more interfaces, at least one of which is public, and at least one of which is private (LAN)
- Public interface runs webserver that publishes web phone (SIP.js or similar) for websocket
- Webserver runs kamailio with access to both public and private interfaces
- Websocket managed by kamailio, for SIP.js signaling
- Private interface gives access to LAN where at least one traditional SIP client (UDP port 5060) registers with kamailio
- Phone call initiated through websocket should contact SIP client in private LAN after proper authentication.

Can this be done at all with current technologies? How?