[SR-Users] Minimal configuration without database support

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 18:48:04 CEST 2014

On 26/08/14 18:41, Eugene Prokopiev wrote:
>>> Apart from topoh module (an experimental hack in my opinion)
>> Why experimental? It is used in production in many places.
> How it can be used? Mask IP must be different than SIP server local
> IP, so it looks like impossible to rewrite public IP address to server
> local IP address :(
The module is not for hiding/changing the ip address of kamailio server.
That is known (and must stay there for routing) by both sides of the call.

The module is to hide the IP addresses of the other nodes in the path of
the call, so, when A is calling B, none of them know the real ip of the
other. But obviously A and B must know the ip of kamailio.

The way it works with topoh: it replaces the ips of A and B with a
'fake' IP -- the fake IP just have to conform with the IP address format
and not to be server IP. It can be a non-public-routable IP, because it
is used just as a place holder in the SIP headers, to stay conformant
with SIP grammar. Therefore you can use there an IP such as 127.0.0.44
(which is not allocated anywhere and not routable).

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Next Kamailio Advanced Trainings 2014 - http://www.asipto.com
Sep 22-25, Berlin, Germany ::: Oct 15-17, San Francisco, USA