[SR-Users] what language is using in kamailio.cfg

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 13:30:01 CEST 2014

Hello,

it is a custom programming language (developed from scratch, started
back in 2001, tailored for SIP routing needs).

The only loop you can do for the moment is with 'while':

  - http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/cookbooks/4.1.x/core#while

You can also simulate via recursive calling of sub-route blocks:

route[x] {
   if(exp) route(x);
}

If you need something that is not possible with the structure of the
config file, look at using an embedded language interpreter (e.g.,
app_lua/perl/python/...). Here is an example of using Lua:

  - http://kb.asipto.com/kamailio:usage:k32-lua-routing