[SR-Users] Text Operations on a Message

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Aug 15 01:40:46 CEST 2014

On 08/14/2014 02:59 PM, AliReza Khoshgoftar Monfared wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> How can I extract a specific part of my message body?
> I know that "textops" has the function "search_body(re)" but it returns
> True/False upon finding "re" in the body of the text, how can I return
> the actual text that regular expression matches?
>
> As an example, my message body is
>
>     rate is 172#012
>

> I want to extract the number "172" out of this.

There is no general means of accomplishing that. Your best bet is to
feed the message body to another language using one of the language
interface modules, such as Lua, Perl or Python, and parse stuff out of
it there.

For all of its features, Kamailio route script is not a general-purpose
programming runtime.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC