[SR-Users] Rate Limiting with Kamailio

AliReza Khoshgoftar Monfared khoshgoftar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 18:49:24 CEST 2014

Hi list,

A quick question,

What is the best way to limit the rate of the kamailio,
Say I want it to process only 200 INVITEs per second

I know this can be done using ratelimit module, but what if I want to
change this rate dynamically? say, in an overload control scenario, I am
getting a recommended rate piggybacked in my replies, and I read it, then
how can I change the messge processing rate of kamailio in runtime inside
my script?

Is there a way to change the rate using ratelimit but inside script as
messages come?

The RPC function (rl.set_pipe) does it, but can I call it inside my script?

Thanks,
Alireza