[SR-Users] Kamailio + FreeRadius + MySQL Accounting STOP not updating

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 16:49:42 CEST 2014

Your logs looked like the values sent to radius server are ultimately
stored in a mysql server (by the radius server).

Not having a deep knowledge of the entire ecosystem there and if radius
server has other role than just being a proxy of those values between
kamailio and database, I suggested that maybe it is easier to write
directly to MySQL database from kamailio (via acc or sqlops modules).

On 13/08/14 15:44, Satish Patel wrote:
> I don't get this like, can you explain what you trying to say?
>
> Also, as you write to mysql, it might be faster to just write to
> database, unless you do other special handling inside radius.
>

> On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 4:04 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla
> <miconda at gmail.com <mailto:miconda at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     from logs I see that the STOP record is sent by kamailio and
>     received by Radius. From there is only Radius config that needs to
>     be fixed -- I cannot help with that.
>
>     Also, as you write to mysql, it might be faster to just write to
>     database, unless you do other special handling inside radius.
>
>     Cheers,
>     Daniel
>

>     On 13/08/14 04:50, Satish Patel wrote:
>
>         I have install Kamailio 4.1 with MySQL database so all users
>         stored in MySQL (authentication), Later I have installed
>         FreeRadius for accounting only, Just accounting (Invite/Bye).
>         In short MySQL for authentication and FreeRadius for
>         accounting ( CDRTool).
>
>         Problems: If i register user using SIP phone and call other
>         SIP extension then freeradius start accounting and insert
>         entry in MySQL/radaccts tables if i end call then it doesn't
>         update END accounting  ( Bye ). I have google it everywhere
>         but didn't get single clue so i hope i get something here from
>         you guys
>

>     --
>     Daniel-Constantin Mierla
>     http://twitter.com/#!/miconda <http://twitter.com/#%21/miconda> -
>     http://www.linkedin.com/in/miconda
>     Next Kamailio Advanced Trainings 2014 - http://www.asipto.com
>     Sep 22-25, Berlin, Germany ::: Oct 15-17, San Francisco, USA

Daniel-Constantin Mierla