[SR-Users] Accessing Message Buffer in Kamailio

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 08:12:23 CEST 2014

Hello,

for UDP and SCTP traffic there is no buffer in Kamailio. The kernel does
buffering and kamailio receives each datagram at once, process it and
then gets the next one.

For tcp (tls), there is a read buffer in kamailio to parse as received,
because it has to split the traffic in sip messages. But still the main
buffer is in kernel.

In other words, kamailio doesn't have access to pending packets from the
network. Ratelimit module works on the number of packets processed by
kamailio (those already read from kernel buffer).

On 07/08/14 19:06, AliReza Khoshgoftar Monfared wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Is there a way to survey the message buffer (iei the queue where
> arriving sip messages wait to be processed by worker threads) in Kamailio?
>
> Is there a way to check the number of messages in this buffer?
> Additionally, is it possible to survey the number of messages by
> method (INVITE, BYE, etc.)?
>

> I know that the ratelimit module
> (http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/ratelimit.html) shall
> access such buffers, but I do not see any variable accessible in the
> config offered by that module.
>
> Am I missing sth or is there a way to do so?
>
> Thanks
> Alireza

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Next Kamailio Advanced Trainings 2014 - http://www.asipto.com
Sep 22-25, Berlin, Germany ::: Oct 15-17, San Francisco, USA