[SR-Users] Understanding DNS resolution done by Kamailio

Igor Potjevlesch igor.potjevlesch at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 19:25:33 CEST 2014

Hello Daniel,

Sorry, but I’m not sure to understand.

Use the resolver included in Kamailio would be better in that case because
the negative reply coming from outside resolver would be recorded for a
timeperiod? In this timeperiod, no other DNS  requests for the same type and
the same host would be generated to the outside resolver? I’m right?

In parallel, you can confirm that the SRV requests cannot be avoided?

Regards,

Igor.