[SR-Users] [rtpengine] continuous 'Successful STUN binding request from' messages

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Tue Aug 5 18:44:49 CEST 2014

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 11:06 AM, Richard Fuchs <rfuchs at sipwise.com> wrote:
> On 05/08/14 11:01 AM, Paul Belanger wrote:
>>
>> I was hoping somebody could confirm the following is a _normal_ log
>> file for rtpengine.  Specifically I am curious of the 'Successful STUN
>> binding request from' messages are continuously logged.
>

> Chrome seems to be doing this during normal operation. I have no idea why
> though, perhaps some sort of keep-alive. You should be able to confirm
> successful STUN communication with Wireshark.
>
> I did notice that you're responding to an RTP/SAVPF offer with an RTP/SAVP
> answer. That might be the source of your issue.

Thanks, I have a message in moderation because of an attachment
however I have more info.

It looks like chrome has some keep alive function going, in firefox
they don't come as fast.

I have also noticed, in firefox 31. Audio will establish right away
however in chrome, I need to toggle hold / unhold to get media to be
setup properly.  Not sure why I need to do that.

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)