[SR-Users] OT: Excessive or fatal bounces for yahoo, hotmail, ...

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 10:21:56 CEST 2014

On 29/04/14 09:51, Daniel Tryba wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 April 2014 09:18:41 Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>> Is anyone here aware of similar issues and potential fixes? I guess
>> yahoo/hotmail servers simply reject the emails sent by mailman of
>> mailing lists.
>>
>> Any hint would be appreciated...
> It's DMARC at work:
>
> http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg87153.html
>
> The subejct says it all:
> "Yahoo breaks every mailing list in the world including the IETF's"

Thanks, the possible solutions found so far:

1) upgrade mailman to 2.1.16 which has an option to replace From header
with the address of the mailing list. The really big inconvenient is
that all emails will be handled like this, losing the sender
information, no matter is from yahoo/hotmail or not. Another
inconvenient is that it might require manual installation, since 2.1.16
is not packaged on old debian stable, adding overhead in maintenance ...
unless some good sysadmin around here provides some backports

2) ask those people with yahoo/hotmail/... to use different email provider

Combined, yahoo+hotmail account for a bit more than 200 addresses on
sr-users.

What people here prefer? Any other solution?