[SR-Users] Record-Route header

jignesh gandhi jhgandhi at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 28 13:51:43 CEST 2014

Thanks Daniel.

Here is the use case.

An INVITE received from an upstream Proxy to Kamailio.
Kamailio needs to save the Record-Route header from the INVITE before proxying it to an Asterisk server and
when  the Asterisk server sends a BYE for that INVITE back thru Kamailio,
Kamailio is required to attach the Record-Route as a Route header in the BYE message to the upstream Proxy.

This way the upstream Proxy can route the BYE.

Hope this makes it a bit clearer.

Thanks,
--Jignesh