[SR-Users] Kamailio and FHoSS integration

Carsten Bock carsten at ng-voice.com
Mon Apr 28 11:01:42 CEST 2014

Hi Andrea,

as i stated in my presentation during KamailioWorld:

"All components for Testbeds available as OpenSource"

I think, the FHoSS is one of the components, which work with Kamailio
pretty well (from a technical/standards perspective), but also the
component, which i never would use for a "real-life" setup due to the
poor performance.
We (at ng-voice) for example use our own HSS, which is based on JBoss
& Mobicents and which is tightly integrated into our own provisioning
platforms (and which lacks some features of the FHoSS, such as the
Sh-Interface).

Kind regards,
Carsten

> You're right, but for the "Kamailio part" i just want to know if the
> integration with FHoSS works well ... I mean: FHoSS is advised as HSS to be
> used with a Kamailio-based IMS architecture, but is it also the one
> preferred by the users/developers for which concerns performance issues?
>
> Andrea
>

> On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 9:48 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla
> <miconda at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> maybe asking on the mailing list for FHoSS would give more leads...
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Daniel
>>

>> On 17/04/14 17:29, Andrea Meroni wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> i am testing a very basic IMS core Kamailio-based using as HSS FHoSS.
>> However, while using SIPp to stress the system, i noticed that the VM
>> hosting the FHoSS is overloaded (even with 2 registration scenarios per
>> second), in particular using top i was able to see that the java process
>> used almost 200% of the CPU (i run the VM using qemu with options -m 1024
>> -smp 4). Is it normal or have i misconfigured something? Someone else has
>> the same problem?
>>
>> Andrea

>> --
>> Daniel-Constantin Mierla - http://www.asipto.com
>> http://twitter.com/#!/miconda - http://www.linkedin.com/in/miconda

Carsten Bock
CEO (Geschäftsführer)

ng-voice GmbH
Schomburgstr. 80
D-22767 Hamburg / Germany

http://www.ng-voice.com
mailto:carsten at ng-voice.com

Office +49 40 34927219
Fax +49 40 34927220

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 120189
Geschäftsführer: Carsten Bock
Ust-ID: DE279344284

Hier finden Sie unsere handelsrechtlichen Pflichtangaben:
http://www.ng-voice.com/imprint/