[SR-Users] rtpproxy_manage() issues in rtpproxy-ng

Richard Fuchs rfuchs at sipwise.com
Wed Apr 23 19:22:05 CEST 2014

On 04/23/14 12:59, Alex Balashov wrote:
> The reason I had not previously considered this possibility is because
> the documentation says--or, at least to my lackadaisical
> interpretation--that rtpproxy_manage() will only call rtpproxy_answer()
> if it is operating on a 1xx/2xx reply with SDP, otherwise it'll send
> rtpproxy_offer(), or send a delete command if it's a >= 300 reply.

Actually the logic is a bit more complicated than that. You can look at
rtpproxy_manage() in rtpproxy.c for the full details. Main selection
criterion is whether the message is a request or a reply, second
criterion is the SIP method (taken from the CSeq) and/or the response
code in case of a reply. The route type is only marginally relevant. So
it really depends on what kind of SIP message you're acting upon.

You should actually see the same behaviour with rtpproxy module as well,
as this part of the code hasn't been changed.

cheerse