[SR-Users] rtpproxy_manage() issues in rtpproxy-ng

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Apr 23 17:53:10 CEST 2014

Hello,

I'm running the latest pull of Kamailio 4.1 (last commit
be187e135b0b9b28136817c3569ab5c0abcc5b3f) and am using rtpproxy-ng with
a recent mediaproxy-ng master (commit
cb6990e43864b077dd6a24acfbdf5ef76c1a427e).

For no apparent reason, Kamailio has stopped sending 'offer' commands to
it when I use rtpproxy_manage(). My use of it is in this setting:

           if(isflagset(PROXY_MEDIA) && !isflagset(PROXY_MEDIA_SET) &&
            has_body("application/sdp")) {
                 set_rtp_proxy_set("1");
                 rtpproxy_manage("o");

                 add_rr_param(";proxy_media=yes");

                 setflag(PROXY_MEDIA_SET);
           }

I put in a log message to confirm that this block is being run. It is.

But, there's no offer command going to the mediaproxy-ng on the other
box, as confirmed by packet captures and logs. However, the
mediaproxy-ng is getting lots of 'answer' and 'delete' commands that it
doesn't know what to do with, since the call was never initialised with
'offer'.

When I change rtpproxy_manage() to rtpproxy_offer(), it works perfectly.

I've been using rtpproxy_manage() forever, almost as long as it's
existed. Does it not work with rtpproxy-ng, despite what the
documentation says?

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC